Visiting London -- emergency social?

Kirrily Robert perl at infotrope.net
Tue Aug 5 03:08:06 BST 2008

I'll be in London from the 16th to 24th of August.  Would love to have
an emergency social, preferably early that week, if it can be
arranged.  I'm staying at the Black Lion, which appears to have had
mixed reviews here on LPM but if the worst anyone can say for it is
"they moved my room" and "there was quite a lot of street noise" then
I can deal with that.

I'm there on behalf of work (http://freebase.com/, a free,
creative-commons-licensed, structured, API-accessible database of
bloody near everything) and meant to be doing a bit of a
rah-rah-evangelism thing, so if anyoneis using Freebase or thinking or
using Freebase or would just like a demo/chat about it, let me know :)
 I believe there will be at least one quasi-work-quasi-social Freebase
meetup while I'm in town, though I really need to get onto organising
that.

Will be doing a certain amount of tourism while I'm there, of course.
If anyone's keen on museums and whatnot, and feels the urge to tag
along, drop me a line.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert