health of Perl/Act

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 00:47:34 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:15:34AM +0100, Karen Pauley wrote:

> I think Marty did do the auction at one of YAPCs in the past but he
> won't be attending this conference.  We are living in Japan and he can't
> get the time out of work to attend.

( It'll be fine, 1 of 2(+/-1) things will happen,

  i.   they'll get a new auctioneer

  ii.  they'll dismiss the idea of an auctioneer as an outdated overly
       centralised method of selling, put up a list of stuff and invite
       people to bid on a reserve price for it during the first half of
       the conference, it's then up to them to sell items privately
       during the second half of the conference to someone else for a
       higher value or pay their own reserve price, the person making the
       most profit (from the differential, and to be clear the profit
       is for YAPC) wins some fabulous prize. auction 2.0!

  iii. something else will happen.

			consider this the rounded corner of auction 2.0 )

G.