Food of the Gods ?

James Laver james.laver at
Wed Aug 13 12:06:02 BST 2008

On 13/8/08 11:58, "Denny" < at> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 11:39 +0100, Adam Bernard wrote:
>> No edible vegetarian sausage skins to be found, pretty much - all one
>> can do is extrude the sausages from some very cohesive stuff and then
>> coat them with some kind of afterwards.
>                              ^ bacon
> ;)

Back oop north, we have a dish called 'Pigs in Blankets'. It's a masterpiece
of engineering, in fact. We wrap sausages in bacon and then roast them.

At Christmas my mother used to cook around 8 different varieties (varying
the sausage and bacon used). She also once did prunes in blankets. These
went down less well, after all, they were missing the sausage.