Food of the Gods ?

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Wed Aug 13 17:05:48 BST 2008

James Laver wrote:
> I'm afraid the cream may well be the ruination of this dish (since it is
> intended to be something of a casserole), and the cheese is nice melted and
> slightly crisped on top rather than in the middle.

Hmmm, OK.  I was thinking more along the lines of a Tartiflette.
Traditionally that's made with lardons (big bacon chunks) and reblochon
cheese, but it works well with all sorts of meat/cheese/vegetable
combinations. If you like it hot, then adding a few chopped fresh chillies
makes it extra yummy-tummy-tastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartiflette
http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Tartiflette.aspx
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1348/creamy-tartiflette