Food of the Gods ?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 22:07:57 BST 2008

On 13 Aug 2008, at 21:51, John Costello wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Onions and garlic, simmered in butter, no?
> Don't forget to include the crispy bacon bits stuck to the pan.

That goes without saying in my kitchen. I only clean the frying pan if
I've accidentally burnt something. Otherwise everything tastes of the
previous thing I cooked, and it always tastes bloody marvellous. At
least one other Perlmonger raves about my bacon butties.

Tips for people who don't care about their heart: dry-fry good quality
bacon in a clean pan, and drop in some sliced mushrooms about half way
through to soak up the bacon grease. The resulting butty is ecstasy,
and doesn't even require brown sauce.