Food of the Gods ?

Jacqui Caren Jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 14 12:58:23 BST 2008

James Laver wrote:
> But yes, the important thing is the gravy is very tasty with bacon and
> sausage.

At home it was an end-of-week meal. Whatever (meat) we had had during
the week was used as well as cheap sausage etc.

Instead of cheese (allergy) I sprinkle onions in with the 'tatty topping'.

These days I also tend to mince whatever I have spare (beef,lamb) into
the dish as well as dicing any vegs I can find in the fridge.

Jacqui

p.s. I also throw in dumplings and the end of the cook period :-)

p.p.s leave it to simmer in the oven overnight - long slow cook
is *much* tastier.

Also remeber to take the lid off for the last hour or three to get
some nice "burnt bits".