Why is SW5 so small?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 11:15:34 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:24:32PM +0100, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Avoid the kangaroos.
> that's the main reason i'm moving there.

Pretty much everywhere along the Wimbledon branch of the District line is
roo-enabled, if you're not after any specific roo.

Some people say the Wimbleware service isn't reliable, but that's not true.
I can rely on sufficient cancellations, late-runnings and general delays to
get a refund of my fare on about a third of my journeys. Given the fare is
GBP2 on Oyster and the refund is for the GBP4 cash fare, this works out to
be quite a useful discount on travel.