[OT] PPI

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Aug 22 11:44:13 BST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:26:33AM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> 2008/8/20 Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org>:
>
> > But assuming that I don't care about the minutiae of floating point, and I'm
> > running the standard string interpolation rules, is there anybody out there?
> > Or am I on my own here?
>
> You are on your own. But it shouldn't be *too* hard... I reckon PPI is
> one of the all time great modules that has been ignored by everyone.

I solved the immediate problem I had by incrementally dealing with everything
that failed. It turned out that all I needed was a trivial subset of
constants. Specifically, those with forms:

	("clunk")
	"rakkk"
	('clank_est')
	'zamm'

So don't expect a general solution from me any time soon.

Nicholas Clark