[job advert] looking for a perl person to write a web control panel

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Sep 1 00:28:40 BST 2008

On 31 Aug 2008, at 22:25, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Peter Corlett wrote:
>> I would also estimate it to take about a day or so. £500 would
>> therefore be a reasonable estimate at the typical market rate of
>> £300-400/day for a Perl contractor.
> So why the "moon on a stick" comment?

Er, because you're not offering the market rate of £300-400/day?

>> However, you're after a fixed-price job, which costs more because
>> the contractor is taking on the extra risk of the job going pear-
>> shaped for reasons outside their control. And IMO, £500 isn't
>> enough to cover that risk.
> I therefore look forward to not reviewing your CV.  *shrug*

How terrible. I won't get a job that has all the signs of one that
will shaft the contractor. This probably isn't your intent, but that's
how it looks.

No doubt you'll find some sucker who will take it on. Neither of you
will be satisfied with the results.