DBIx::Class - Related Tables

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Tue Oct 7 12:53:36 BST 2008

On 7 Oct 2008, at 12:34, Chisel Wright wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 12:08:03PM +0100, Raphael Mankin wrote:
>> The problem here is not with the ORM but rather that you are breaking
>> the MVC separation and putting controller logic in the view. A good
>> ORM
>> would have its data cached so that your test might not require two
>> SQL
>> queries. However, the template is, in this instance, the wrong
>> place to
>> put the test.
>
> I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can confirm, but I think the ORM
> known as DBIC does indeed Cache Stuff.
>
> Yes, I know DBIC is not the only ORM.

Can cache stuff. Does not by default. Caching is hard (you have to
invalidate it etc. etc.)

See:

http://search.cpan.org/~ash/DBIx-Class-0.08010/lib/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm#set_cache
http://search.cpan.org/~mstrout/DBIx-Class-Cursor-Cached-1.0.1/lib/DBIx/Class/Cursor/Cached.pm

for some of the ways caching can be done.