Complaining (was: Re: Perl's lack of 'in' keyword

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:08:06 BST 2008

2008/10/8 Chris Benson <chrisb at jesmond.demon.co.uk>:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 03:51:18PM +0100, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
>> If there was nothing else to complain about, they'd complain that
>> things were too nice.
>
> In msg just received from the SO, currently on south coast of Crete:
>
> <quote>
> P.S. Just overhead a neighbour say, "I don't like that beach, there's
> too much sand."
> </quote>

My sister in law goes on holiday to places famous for their amazing
beaches and refuses to set foot on them unless in order to reach a
particular water sport, instead she'll use the pool and patio of
whichever fugly blot on the landscape hotel she's staying in.
Apparently the sand is too much hassle.

OTOH I did find the pebbly beaches on Paxos to be considerably less
hassle with an 18 month old toddler than the sandy ones at home - no
mouthfulls of sand, no nappies full of sand, less hassle all round.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk