Perl's lack of 'in' keyword

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Fri Oct 10 13:21:14 BST 2008

Back to programming languages(!)

Just as a different perspective, here is Python growing a ternary operator,
i.e. how to get the same behavior as the C-like C ? A : B. There was
considerable debate about this, with Guido eventually Making a Decision.
What's interesting is that python gets ?: without any additional keywords,
or... punctuation: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0308/

There's no moral judgment here, just thought it was an interesting aside
from lies & nazism.