change which program user is looking at

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Tue Oct 21 14:38:05 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 06:31 -0700, HermannJens at gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2008 3:23pm, Denny <london.pm at metamathics.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 15:10 +0200, Hermann Ingjaldsson wrote:
> > > How do i change (in code) which program the user is looking at?
> > print "Please look at a different program now.\n";
>
> (:
> no then the user has to do it himself.
>
> is there no way of doing whatever the user can do... through code?

Sometimes.  I'm not really sure what your original question is asking
though - do you mean changing which application has focus in a desktop
environment, or changing which program is running on a command line, or
something else?

It sounds like you might want to script the window manager or desktop
environment - that's going to work differently on each WM/DE combination
- consult the WM and DE docs for initial info, see if they have Perl
bindings.