Boolean search expressions -> regex converters?

Dominic Thoreau dominic.thoreau at
Mon Nov 3 13:03:34 GMT 2008

2008/11/3 Paul Makepeace <paulm at>:
> Is anyone aware of modules that'll convert "advanced" boolean expressions to
> regexes? E.g. stuff like
> Perl same (module* or package*) or ((boolean n/6 regex) same  (parser* or
> convert*))
> (Perl in the same para as module\S* or package\S*, or boolean within six
> words of regex, same para as parser* or convert*)
> I was going to paste in a copy of Factiva's login-authorized expression help
> page<>but
> it's HTML-formatted and couldn't immediately find a rich text
> pastebin...
I've recently been looking at RegExLib ( )
which can be useful. Especially where you can test them online.

Be careful in the library though - there are some in there that don't
work as their authors say they do.
No train here, but still:
The sign says: "Ready to Leave"
Normal service, yes?