Duh v D'oh

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Thu Nov 6 16:33:17 GMT 2008

Following on the theme from a conversation with Mark at Dim Sum today*, spot
the mistake I just wasted an hour on,

  my $publication_stats = [['Source', 'ID Publication', 'Article count']];
  foreach my $given_source (%publication_map_by_name) {
    push @$publication_stats, [$given_source,
                               $publication_map_by_name{$given_source},
                               $article_count_by_source{$given_source}];
  }

If it's not staring out at you, you're possibly also a python programmer.
Python here arguably DWIM better than perl.

Paul

* there's some mistakes where you at the end go "D'oh!" because perl is
messing you around with its weirdness or otherwise non-intuitive behavior.
"Duh" when you're messing around and just not paying attention.