Distrbuted Debugging. Or - "Dear Lazy.pm, plz help track down this intermittent failure"

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Wed Nov 12 18:50:10 GMT 2008

So, apparently XML::Feed is failing *some* tests for *some* people.
For the life of me I can't reproduce it.

The tests don't appear to have an particular pattern that I can discern
at first glance although they are consistent[*] and I think they're all
to do with XML::Atom.

So, if anybody can reproduce it reliably then please tell me

1) What versions of XML::Atom, XML::RSS and XML::LibXML you're running
2) What your Perl -V is
3) Whether the failure occurs with earlier versions of XML::Feed other
   than 0.3 (specifically 0.23, 0.22 and 0.20)

Moreover, if someone could either provide a patch or a login to a
machine where I can do the testing myself then I will reward them WITH
BEER or an equivalent reward (Want a module written? A feature for one
of my existing modules? A patch for someone else's module? All things
will be considered)

Cheers,

Simon

[*] Two example failures
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2008/11/msg2551035.html
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2008/11/msg2552599.html

note that both are patched to level 34559 although that seems unlikely
to be the cause

http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/34559