Distrbuted Debugging. Or - "Dear Lazy.pm, plz help track down this intermittent failure"

David Brownlee abs at absd.org
Thu Nov 13 16:44:21 GMT 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Simon Wistow wrote:

> So, apparently XML::Feed is failing *some* tests for *some* people.
> For the life of me I can't reproduce it.
>
> The tests don't appear to have an particular pattern that I can discern
> at first glance although they are consistent[*] and I think they're all
> to do with XML::Atom.
>
> So, if anybody can reproduce it reliably then please tell me
>
> 1) What versions of XML::Atom, XML::RSS and XML::LibXML you're running

 	XML-Atom-0.29 XML-RSS-1.33 XML-LibXML-1.68

 	5.10.0 - http://scsys.co.uk:8001/20521

> 3) Whether the failure occurs with earlier versions of XML::Feed other
>   than 0.3 (specifically 0.23, 0.22 and 0.20)

 	Gives the same error on 0.3 and 0.23. 0.22 and 0.20 choke
 	earlier (see above URL)

> Moreover, if someone could either provide a patch or a login to a
> machine where I can do the testing myself then I will reward them WITH
> BEER or an equivalent reward (Want a module written? A feature for one
> of my existing modules? A patch for someone else's module? All things
> will be considered)

 	Note, the above is on a box with perl packages installed
 	from pkgsrc, though hopefully thats not an issue in this
 	case

 	If you need access I can copy across the binary packages
 	from my dev box to an external xen domain so you can test
 	there, let me know...