London Perl Workshop - Thanks

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 10:20:09 GMT 2008

2008/11/29 Richard Huxton <dev at archonet.com>:
> Thanks to all the organisers and speakers at today's bash. My first
> London Perl event, and I have to say I enjoyed it. I'd have hung around
> for drinks except for my baby-bathing duties :-)

Definately - thanks everybody for putting in the hard work, especially
the shadowcat and oreilly peeps who spent most of the day sitting
behind their respective wares rather than watching, the rather
interesting, talks or enjoying the weekend somewhere less geeky :)

I thought it was well worth the hassle and money to get to London ( 2
flights, a few hours on the train and on the tube between 7am and 10pm
), and was only dissapointed that I managed to miss the start of the
Arbyte and Badger Power talks.

I think the trip would have been worthwhile just because of the gems
of advice for work projects I got from Ed and Leo, and brainstorming
with joel about a personal project - also managed to hack Padre for a
couple of hours and nearly got a NYTProf plugin working at gatwick
before my gate was called.

Cheers,

A.

--