Perl is dead

Steve Mynott steve at gruntling.com
Wed Dec 3 19:42:20 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 06:42:14PM +0000, James Laver typed:

> At risk of being somewhat london-centric, how many jobs have you seen
> advertised for python down here recently?
>
> In the past year or so I've seen about 5 python jobs advertised (at least
> that I've noticed). Alongside this there have been a large number of perl
> jobs, a handful of ruby jobs and a surprisingly large amount of PHP jobs.

Python seems more popular in the USA than UK from speaking with people at
conferences.  There have been a small number of test framework-type python
roles here but not many.

I suspect Django may increase the number of python roles but Rails
has been popular (as has Catalyst).  I like Python and I wish it
were more widely used.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at gruntling.com>