Perl is dead

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Dec 3 22:55:40 GMT 2008

On 3 Dec 2008, at 17:55, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> http://davehodg.blogspot.com/2008/12/perl-is-dead.html

SQL's not a programming language like the others are. It's a
minilanguage, like regular expressions or formats, so can be discounted.

The rest add up to 47.9%, so if we divide by 47.9% we get a lower
bound on the number of jobs listing a given language because some job
adverts will list more than one language. That implies that at least
one in thirty jobs that involve programming require Perl.

So no, not dead. Just keeping quiet in the corners.

I also note that JobStats is written in this "dead" language.