BCS: Geeks, Gizmos & Gadgets Christmas Show n'Tell

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Fri Dec 5 10:48:58 GMT 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2008, at 09:29, L?on Brocard wrote:
>> There has been some talk recently about getting more involved with
>> other user groups, specifically the British Computer Society. Seeing
>> as we are a society of computer users in Britain, you'd think we'd get
>> on together - but the BCS has traditionally had large organisations as
>> members and ignored open source and independent developers. They are
>> holding a fun event next week. Anyone want to show off Perl?
>> http://www.nlondon.bcs.org/
> I've submitted the old live departure boards alarm clock hack, and if it
> gets accepted it would be really nice to see some friendly faces in the
> audience.

I'm already signed up and offered to pitch my Sony Reader and
accoutrements if they need more people to babble about gadgets. Better get
cracking on the epub ebook perl module I was working on, unless anyone
else knows of one already out there?

Hey, it's our constitutional right to complain about the products we
have willingly purchased without any forethought of consequences.