BCS: Geeks, Gizmos & Gadgets Christmas Show n'Tell

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Fri Dec 5 10:48:58 GMT 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2008, at 09:29, L?on Brocard wrote:
>> There has been some talk recently about getting more involved with
>> other user groups, specifically the British Computer Society. Seeing
>> as we are a society of computer users in Britain, you'd think we'd get
>> on together - but the BCS has traditionally had large organisations as
>> members and ignored open source and independent developers. They are
>> holding a fun event next week. Anyone want to show off Perl?
>>
>> http://www.nlondon.bcs.org/
>>

> I've submitted the old live departure boards alarm clock hack, and if it
> gets accepted it would be really nice to see some friendly faces in the
> audience.

I'm already signed up and offered to pitch my Sony Reader and
accoutrements if they need more people to babble about gadgets. Better get
cracking on the epub ebook perl module I was working on, unless anyone
else knows of one already out there?

--billy

--
http://billyabbott.co.uk
Hey, it's our constitutional right to complain about the products we