BCS: Geeks, Gizmos & Gadgets Christmas Show n'Tell

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Dec 5 15:20:27 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 09:29:54AM +0000, L?on Brocard wrote:
> There has been some talk recently about getting more involved with
> other user groups, specifically the British Computer Society. Seeing
> as we are a society of computer users in Britain, you'd think we'd get
> on together - but the BCS has traditionally had large organisations as
> members and ignored open source and independent developers. They are
> holding a fun event next week. Anyone want to show off Perl?
> http://www.nlondon.bcs.org/

I have birthday drinkies to go to that evening, but here's my gadget of
the year:

http://shorterlink.org/4405

It's half the size of an SD card, and you don't need a special card
reader for it - it plugs straight into a USB port.  I am amazed at how
tiny it is.  Also, the 8GB version is the Official Lonon.pm Colour.

Tonight I'm going to see if I can boot off it.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Are you feeling bored? depressed? slowed down?  Evil Scientists may
be manipulating the speed of light in your vicinity.  Buy our patented
instructional video to find out how, and maybe YOU can stop THEM