Perl Christmas Quiz

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:43:52 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 1:33 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> See also http://search.cpan.org/~domizio
>
> I hate it, because ; was what you used to start a comment in an
> assembler I used many years ago.
>
> --
> David Cantrell | London Perl Mongers Deputy Chief Heretic
>
>  Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.

It's the comment character for lots of languages, particularly lispy ones.

As an aside, the commas at the beginning of the line don't work too
awfully in SQL because you aren't allowed to add a trailing comma
(which is extremely annoying since it's an automatic habit for me when
writing code in most languages).

--James