Perl success stories

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 13:50:20 GMT 2008

Denny wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 10:06 +0000, Denny wrote:
>> If you have any tales of high-profile, large-scale, or otherwise
>> interesting Perl systems you've deployed recently then we'd love to hear
>> them.
>
> It's been pointed out to me that projects which were not started
> recently, and which are still going strong, are also good evidence that
> Perl "aten't dead yet".  We'd like those too  :)

I agree with Denny on that. That's why I am talking about the 10+ years
old Human Genome project, and the 7+ years old Music Brainz server in my
two last essays on ProudToUsePerl.

But new projects are also a good thing. :)

Maybe someone can point me at yet another big perl-based project that I
can write about for this week's essay?

Cheers!
--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
Perl Programmer, foodie and photographer.