Emergency (or regular?) social?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 23:24:03 GMT 2008

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 04:45:37PM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
>
>> The heretics meeting will be on January 1st.
>
> Please pay no attention to the DEVILS in our midst.  All right-minded
> perl-mongers know that our OFFICIAL, ORTHODOX meetings are on the first
> Thursday of the month, and consequently there will be one on Jan 1st.
> It is vilest HERESY to believe that official meetings are on the day
> after the first Wednesday of the month.

Even I know that and got the right date, Dave(+)... don't mind about
Dave (c)... ;)

>> Unfortunately we don't currently have venues for either of these meetings.
>
> We do now!
>
> Seeing that no-one will be working on that day or the day after, I've
> decided that we'll go a bit further afield this time, and visit this
> pub:
>   http://www.thedorsetlewes.com/
>
> It is in zone 94.  Unfortunately because TfL hate people in south
> London, travelcards aren't available.
>
> The social will be preceded by a short Walk in the Countryside (if the
> weather is good), which I for one will need, to blow all the fuzziness
> out of my head from partying the night before.  This will be from Glynde
> to the pub.  Map here:
>   http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idl.srf?X=543915&Y=109500&A=Y&Z=120&lm=1

If I may have a say about that, can we have something closer, and maybe
more traditional? It might be quite a while until I have a good
opportunity to attend a social meeting, and being this far away from
London sounds a bit lame... :)

--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
Perl Programmer, foodie and photographer.

(+) Cross
(c) Cantrell