[paris] Fwd: Re: Perl success stories

Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni maddingue at free.fr
Sat Dec 20 02:03:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) a écrit :

> Salut,
>
> Quelqu'un peut répondre à Luis?
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Luis Motta Campos
> <luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk> -----
>
> From: Luis Motta Campos <luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:18:46 +0100
> Subject: Re: Perl success stories
> To: Philippe Bruhat <book at cpan.org>
> Cc: "London.pm Perl M[ou]ngers" <london.pm at london.pm.org>
>
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> On Dec 18, 2008, at 14:50 , Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>> Maybe someone can point me at yet another big perl-based project
>>> that I
>>> can write about for this week's essay?
>>
>> IIRC the French taxes run on Perl, and we take taxes seriously :)
>> Unfortunately I can't seem to recall or find out where I got that
>> information from. Maybe there's someone from paris.pm here who
>> could help.
>
> Stop the printers! That's a story! :) Thanks for the nice tip, Robin.
>
> Philippe, do you know or can point me to someone that knows about the
> Perl code used by the Finance Ministry? :) I would love to talk about
> the French Tax Office for my next Proud To Use Perl post... :)

Jérôme Quelin took a look at the mail he received from the Tax Office
in April (we can fill in the form and pay online since only a few
years), and was pleased to discover this header:

so he asked on the list, and Éric German (project manager at the
MINEFI) confirmed that the server run on Apache + mod_perl +
LemonLdap. You may want to ask him for more details, if he can give any.
   » http://search.cpan.org/~egerman/
   » http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Eric_german

The web site of the LemonLdap project indicates that it's also used
by the National Gendarmerie.

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.