Santa came early this year. I want to shoot him.

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 11:34:13 GMT 2008

For Christmas, Santa's given me a heisenbug in 5.8.8. I'm not going to report it, though, as I can't reproduce a minimal test case.  From the relevant paragraph:

  Trying to reduce that to a minimal test case for a bug report
  has failed miserably.  It appears that any sort of assignment
  anywhere in the like_xpath code will cause these tests to pass
  and the mere act of moving the affected files to other
  directories also appears to make tests pass. Running these tests
  under the debugger also makes them pass. Printing out any
  affected variables makes these tests pass. Hell, I suspect that
  breathing heavy would make these tests pass.

http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/38138

It's days like this which *really* make me pine for Ruby.

Just sayin'

Ho, ho, ho,
Ovid
 --