Introduction to Perl for non-programming Mac folk

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 13:36:25 GMT 2008

----- Original Message ----

> > Besides, getting the response "RTFM!" is a total turn-off, even for a
> > seasoned pro.
>
> And more to the point, "RTFM" is just plain rude.

As has been pointed out by wiser people than me (that would be most, I expect), all you need to do to avoid RTFM is to mock the language and claim it's so stupid that it can't do "X" and the RTFM jerks will condescendingly prove you're wrong by replying with only a few lines of code.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/