Introduction to Perl for non-programming Mac folk

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Tue Dec 23 15:12:02 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 10:49:07 Andy Wardley wrote:
> Andy Wardley wrote:
> > Before I go and write this myself,
>
> http://wardley.org/computers/perl/intro4mac.html

Nice one, Andy,

One of the good things about learning how to program in Perl is the community
spirit, and the fact that the language is so darn intuitive, IMHO.  RTFM'ing
aside, of course, and there is certainly a time and a place for that, too.

I once had an interview, in a galaxy far far away, where the interviewer
realised I'd asked a question on a forum/news posting which he'd answered.
He at once looked sheepish and replied that he hoped his response had been
polite and helpful.  His sheepish response indicated to me that he took some
pleasure in saying RTFM to the proles as they passed by his gateway in the
sky.  To the great and the good I say: these things have a way of jumping up
and biting you, from time to time - "let the blameless cast the first stone".

	;-)

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen