My New Job (Was: Social Thurs 8 Jan 2009)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jan 5 13:30:39 GMT 2009

On 5 Jan 2009, at 13:06, David Dorward wrote:
[...]
> I'm going to experience the Circle Line at rush hour for the first
> time. Is that good?

That lovely yellow circle on the Tube map looks awfully convenient to
get around central London, but don't be tempted. What with "passenger
incidents", broken-down trains, lack of staff, signal failures, and
whatnot, I'd be astonished if you even get to *see* a Circle Line
train at rush hour.

If you still persist in trying to catch one, I've got some goose
grease and a shoe horn which will aid you in boarding. I don't need it
now I'm CFT-enabled and don't need to go to Canary Wharf.

I *strongly* suggest you look for a different route. TfL's route
planner comes up with sensible routings once you disable busses. (When
enabled, it seems to prefer to route people via bus where possible,
presumably for traffic engineering or revenue maximisation reasons.)