My New Job (Was: Social Thurs 8 Jan 2009)

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:23:25 GMT 2009

On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:36, Jasper wrote:

> 2009/1/5 Tony Kennick <0995a06aaeaf6b70e79c3aafd6719329 at half.pint.org.uk
> >:
>> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:56:02PM +0000,
>> the following was promulgated by Jasper:
>>
>>> Cycling in London isn't bad, as long as you don't do anything
>>> stupid,
>>> like riding up the inside of a large lorry where the driver can't
>>> see
>>> you. You do get the odd shit of a bus driver, too.
>>
>> I think everyone should start thinking about road use in terms more
>> similar to
>> the maritime 'rules of the road'[1]. As all the sympathies I build
>> up for
>> cyclists as a driver get blown away about once every six months
>> when as
>> a pedestrian I have to take emergency action to not be flattened by a
>> nutter.
>
> Agreed. I'm always tempted to clothesline idiots blasting through
> pedestrian crossings at speed.

Saw a lovely autolart at Oxford Circus before Christmas. Pedestrians
milling across the road against the lights, eejit cyclist piles through,
catches a woman's heel. His bike somersaulted and skidded down the
but he just ended up standing in the road bikeless. And he *knew*
he'd have been lynched if he'd got arsey.

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620
Blog: http://davehodg.blogspot.com
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davehodg