[ANNOUNCE] January social - Antelope, SW1 - Thurs 8 Jan

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Tue Jan 6 18:23:39 GMT 2009

Hello!  The January social of the London Perlmongers is this Thursday,
8th January.  We're going to the Antelope, 22 Eaton Terrace, SW1W 8EZ.

Note that we don't have a room booked this month, so we'll be wherever
in the pub we find space.  No doubt some of us (e.g. me) will be there
early to secure tables; there will definitely be a Perlmonger presence
by 6:30pm.

The closest Tube station is Sloane Square on the Circle and District
lines; it's also within walking distance of Knightsbridge (Piccadilly
line) and Victoria (District, Circle, and Victoria lines).

Relevant buses are: 11, 19, 22, 137, 211, 360, 452, and C1.

Maps, more info, etc:
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Antelope,_SW1W_8EZ

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome.  The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times,
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to).
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek Leon out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (orange or not, either's fine) and introduces them to people.