on topic

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Sat Jan 24 19:04:46 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 02:28:42PM +0000, Bradley Dean wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 04:34:22PM +0000, Clark, Nicholas wrote:
> > Until last night I was unaware that there is a brewery named "Buffy's"
> >
> >     http://www.buffys.co.uk/
> >
> > If memory serves me right I had Buffy's bitter last night, and it was nice.
> >
> > I wonder if it exists in any appropriate pubs on the Thursday following the
> > first Wednesday of the month.
>
> And is it foamy?

*Something* I had at the Carlton that night was foamy, really foamy, with the
head above the top of the glass making me think of ice cream. (But the shape
of cone being more like mud or runny lava would make). And from the relative
timing (I remember carrying two pints from the bar to the sofa) I think that
that had to be the Buffy's. So Buffy's beer is foamy.

There doesn't appear to be a Willow brewery, so does this mean that there is
now a definite answer to "Buffy or Willow"?

Nicholas Clark