[ANNOUNCE] London.pm technical meeting about "What is Moose and why is it the future?" on 19th Feb 2009

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 09:28:07 GMT 2009

2009/1/28 Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>:
> Edmund von der Burg wrote:
>> What sort of woodsman are you to accept formal training?
>
> A careful one that wants some insurance and wants to learn how to do it
> properly and get some qualifications.

I applaud you. Anything involving petrol engines and moving blades
deserves respect and some traning :)

I'd be interested to hear if they tell you anything about knowing when
to stop. My experience is that there comes a critical point at which
you don't feel tired but actually are and it is at this time that
silly mistakes are made. Using a chainsaw when your concentration is
sagging is by far the most dangerous thing to do.

Good luck on the course.

Cheers,
  Edmund.

--