ActiveState Perl on Vista

Duncan Garland duncan.garland at
Sun Feb 15 12:51:10 GMT 2009

Hi Lyle,

That was a lot of the problem. I added trouchelle and uwinnipeg to the list
of repositories and the list of available packages grew considerably. I was
able to install Devel::ptkdb, Calatyst and DBIx::Class using the ActiveState

It didn't install the dependencies properly for Devel:ptkdb properly. I hand
to install separately. Once I had done that, it worked. I've never
used the other two packages, so I didn't know enough about them to do even a
simple test.

Strange that a CPAN install didn't work. I tried it with perl 5.10 on both
XP Pro and Vista Home Edition.

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyle [mailto:webmaster at]
Sent: 14 February 2009 21:50
To: duncan.garland at
Subject: Re: ActiveState Perl on Vista

Hi Duncan,
  I'm in a similar situation. ActiveState have recently overhauled their
whole autobuild process. Which has meant there are a lot more CPAN
modules available, but it also means that some of those that aren't are
to many people important ones like your listed.
  All you need to do is add the uwinnipeg repo and you'll be fine.

Also, if you are doing Perl CGI under IIS7 then you may find that IIS7
is a lot more picky about the headers it gets.