*simple* blogging (addon) software

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Mar 3 11:45:37 GMT 2009

On 25 Feb 2009, at 18:07, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> It seems I need to have a couple of blogs. Sigh. I am looking for
> some simple perl blogging software that can be added/interfaced to a
> lighttpd server.
>
> No MySQL/postgres or complex databases allowed, won't allow either
> on the server. I would accept (a tad reluctantly) SQLite3, but would
> prefer something that is directory/file based.
>
> And I would like something that generates static html for output.

I've not checked whether it can still do it, but Movable Type *spit*
certainly used to be able to use BDB for storage. It'll template your
blog post into a static document which it dumps on the filesystem,
which you then arrange to serve up. *Usually* that is static HTML, but
you can spit out PHP if you swing that way.

MT is somewhat larger than Angerwhale et al, but it is at least a
single big blob - including antique versions of CPAN modules, saving
you installing them yourself - that you can dump in a directory and
just point a web browser at to configure. It's very much like a PHP
application in that way.