Action address in HTML forms

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Mar 4 13:07:51 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:27:18AM +0000, James Laver wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > I've always wondered what the point was of having a seperate /cgi-bin or
> > equivalent.  I stopped doing that as soon as I switched to a web server
> > that didn't enforce it.
> I agree for my own purposes, but some people are on restrictive
> hosting environments which don't allow this.

I know, but *why* do such environments exist?

The only reason I used to do it is because the server was running on
Windows 95, and it's impossible on Windows to tell if something is
executable or not from just looking at the file.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

What profiteth a man, if he win a flame war, yet lose his cool?