Sad News

Chris Jack chris_jack at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 12:17:10 GMT 2009

Ian maybedinero at gmail.com wrote:

> I am sorry to inform you that Ivor Williams passed away last weekend.

> His brother, Richard, has indicated his funeral will be in Manchester, where
> his mother lives. Richard is planning to organise a celebration of Ivor's
> life, and is open to suggestions as to the form this should take. Please
> contact me with any messages for Richard, and I will pass them on to him.

This is sad news - and quite unexpected given he was still quite young. Do we know any more details of the circumstances of his death?

I knew Ivor at LCH where he evangelised Perl and was very friendly and helpful with answers to questions. I know he had done some NLP training and was visibily happier as a result.

I can't make it up to Manchester but I would be quite receptive to going along to a London pub or party for a night in his memory.

Chris