How we see CVs

Merijn Broeren merijnb at iloquent.com
Thu Apr 2 11:42:42 BST 2009

Quoting Paul Makepeace (paulm at paulm.com):
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:00:38PM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> >>This is great, http://www.hanovsolutions.com/resume_comic.png
> >
> > A good start, though "has facebook page" is curiously missing from the
> > negative side...
>
> That's probably because it isn't negative.
>
> Do people still complain about HTML in email? Hello, 2009! ;-)

I don't complain, but there are some folks who take it too far the other
way. Like lovefilm (hello, you people should be on this list, right?).
Some of their mail has in the text/plain part the following:

   We are sorry but we are having trouble sending an email to you. If you
   would like the see the web version of the email please visit

which always gets me. They're not having trouble sending mail to me, it
arrived perfectly ok. It has the nice html part, which I can see just
fine, but by preference I look at the text/plain by default. Just leave
it off if you can't be bothered with it.

Cheers,
--
Merijn Broeren | We take risks, we know we take them. Therefore, when things