ExtUtils::Installed vs pminst vs?

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at virgin.net
Tue Apr 7 00:04:23 BST 2009

Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:42:32AM +0100, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:26:37 +0100
>> Matt Lawrence <matt.lawrence at virgin.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Module::Util will do this for you:
>>>
>> A surprisingly-useful looking module. I wonder why I haven't come across
>> this one before...
>>
>> Is it widely used? I notice it doesn't have a debian package. Any gotchas
>> we should know about?
>>

> This said, it seems I'm having trouble installing it:
>
>   cpan[2]> m Module::Util
>   CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.18)
>   Going to read /home/leo/.cpan/Metadata
>     Database was generated on Mon, 06 Apr 2009 00:26:57 GMT
>   No objects of type Module found for argument Module::Util
>
> It seems not to actually be indexed by the upstream file
> 02packages.details.txt.gz
>
> Any ideas what this is about? I don't want to depend on this, if the
> smoketesters can't install it...

I'll bump the version and upload again tomorrow. That'll probably
straighten it out.

It seems to me that the default tarball created by "Build dist" wasn't
suitable for upload. There's something in the changelog of Module::Build
that leads me to believe it's been fixed in a later version. I used the
one that came with activestate perl, which appears to be a development
version (0.2808_01).

Matt