[OT] finding memory hungry bits of my code

Edmund von der Burg edmund.vonderburg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:31:08 BST 2009

2009/4/9 Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org>:
> Can you give some more information as to the nature of the code and its
> naughtiness?

I don't think that it is a memory leak - the size tends to remain
constant after a few requests (it's a webapp - Catalyst under
mod_perl).

I reckon that most likely we're doing lots of innocent little bits of
in-memory caching which all add up to lots of memory getting used. Or
we're using certain modules that just swell up. Ideally we'd find
which bits of code lead to the memory being consumed so that we'd get
a list of places to look at first.

The aim is not to make our code super slim, but rather find the worst
memory offenders and fix them.

Any and all hints and tips gratefully received.

Cheers,
  Edmund.

--
evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk - http://ecclestoad.co.uk