Measuring power

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Wed Apr 29 10:41:43 BST 2009

I'd second the option of getting a similar machine and comparing that. The
power usage doesn't vary much more than about 20% against CPU load in my
experience, unfortunately.

If you're feeling brave you can separate the live wire from the rest
_reasonably_ safely. The trick is using a very sharp knife and bending the
cable and nicking the outer sheath at the outside 'edge' of the curve. What
tends to happen is the sheath tears and with successive small slices will
tear more & reveal enough for you to work the rest of the sheath off safely.

Rubber gloves & mats too, obviously :-)

Paul