[ANNOUNCE] London.pm Social - Edgar Wallace WC2R, 7th May 2009

Bob MacCallum uncoolbob at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:19:13 BST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new to London.pm but not to Perl.  I'll be coming along to the
social tonight and just thought I'd introduce myself.

In the last ten or so years I have been mostly into evolving Perl
(genetic programming, see http://perlgp.org), bioinformatics and
evolutionary music (http://evolectronica.com).  Another Perl-based toy
I made (a long time ago) is http://compare-stuff.com (messing about
with search engine totals).  The most recent thing I've been playing
with is Class::DBI, which I think is pretty cool.  Oh yes, nearly
forgot the Perl shell a colleague and I wrote a long time ago:
http://www.sbc.su.se/~maccallr/psh/ - which is basically perl -nle
'eval' on steroids (autoloads system commands, does lots of
completion).

Catch you later...

cheers,
Bob.

PS. mug shot here if you want to talk to/avoid me tonight:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/Kafatos:MacCallum%2C_Bob