Best practice for releasing Perl modules to staging and live

Damon Davison damon at southernrecords.biz
Mon May 18 15:04:51 BST 2009

2009-05-18 ian <londonperlmongers at iandocherty.com>

> How about having a local CPAN repository? This still seems to have the
> problem of knowing which modules have been installed on each server.

One possibility might be creating a CPAN Bundle in which you name all the
modules and their minimum versions. I recall reading once that it's also
possible to name specific versions by including the CPAN file path.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/CPAN/lib/CPAN.pm#Bundles

Using this, you install a Bundle and CPAN resolves it into the modules you
need.

-d.