[ANNOUNCE] Technical meeting: An evening of dynamic languages

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Thu Jun 11 14:54:23 BST 2009

On 11 Jun 2009, at 14:34, Ben Evans wrote:
> I just wanted to say thank you to Leon and Billy for organising last
> night's tech meeting.

Wholeheartedly seconded. I had a great time.

> It was really good to hear such a diverse range of talks, and it's
> kick-started some very useful discussions for my own project. It was
> also great to meet some new people from different languages (and
> catch up with some people I haven't seen for ages!)

I felt that the multiple groups nature of the meet added a lot
relative to a l.pm techmeet. There was a really good atmosphere. Of
course I should've known that delivering an E4X talk to the ex-
Fotangoites would result in me having my ear bent about how crap it
is, but I enjoyed it. Particularly I enjoyed being sent jerakeen's
slides from his E4X talk in 2006, which were embarrassingly better
than my own.

> My slides are here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/973503/dyn_langs_bcs_2009-06.pdf

http://www.fysh.org/~joel/e4x%20primitive%20xml.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/joelbernstein/e4x-primitive-xml

If somebody can suggest a Slideshare tag / grouping for these it'd be
great. Somebody suggested pronEtworking would be appropriate given the
BCS' name for the event.

> Let's have another one later in the year!

Yay!

/joel