Geekiest place on earth? (was Re: Big Geek Day Out)

Michael Lush mjlush at
Mon Jun 15 14:17:50 BST 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> I went about a month ago thanks to the organising super-powers of Billy, and
> let me tell you it's the geekiest place on Earth, period.

I think you have an excellent case here, interesting exhibits, tour and
history but to prove it it must be challenged!!

Is there a visitor attraction Geekier than Bletchley Park?

Apart from Bletchley park the geekiest place I've been is

Miraikan (Tokyo) which has some great exhibits and including
Asimo and a model internet running TCPIP over pingpong ball(!)

Honrable mentions to
Science Museum London (nach)
National Space Centre, Leicester (if you go there drop by the (free) Abby
pumping station next door)

I like the sound of the NSA Cryptologic Museum

Any other suggestions?

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-1223 492626
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email: hgnc at
European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge