Anniversary Beer - Shovels needed

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:18:37 BST 2009

I got a call from the brewery this morning and they're not prepared to
deliver to paddington for our next social, leaving us a little bit in
the shit. Anyone got a shovel?

I've formulated the following devious plans:

1. a kind, friendly soul with a car drives to the brewery/winery in
essex and drops stuff off at a convenient holding point (with lack of
volunteers, probably my flat), and I will get them to the social a few
cases at a time.
2. Similar, except we go next weekend and people pick them up from my
house rather than the social.
3. a team of kind people arrange to meet at a tube station in eastern
zone 2 and proceed to help me carry beer to the social via the
hammersmith and city line.
4. I organise a social at the bridge house for september and we have
the beer then (august is YAPC, remember).

I'm not sure I can cat-herd effectively enough to make option 3
happen, but does any kind soul with a car fancy a daytrip to a brewery
and winery in essex, or will we have to put it back to september?

So, shovels anybody?

Oh and we need to get artwork that still hasn't been drawn to the
brewery by the end of tomorrow if we're going to attack plan 1 or 2.
Any artistic shovels?

--James