Java wonks?

Ben Evans ben at bpfh.net
Wed Jul 1 00:33:26 BST 2009

Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> I'm tendering for a project which will require a Java bod for 3 months
> starting in August. Skills to include spring and maven.
>
> Where best to find such a person?

Depends.

If you're prepared to deal with recruitment agents, then you talk to me,
and I provide you with a list of agents who can:

a) Follow simple instructions, eg: "Do not call me between these times",
"Do not send me roles in the West Midlands for 1/3 my current
take-home", etc.

b) Actually match candidates that might be of some use to the spec they
gave you

c) Not try and sell you a pup just to make a buck

d) Actually behave like real human beings with whom technical people
might want to hang out / drink with once in a while[0]

Ben
[0] Is it surprising that this is the only reliable indicator I've ever
found for whether recruiters are worth my time - WIDWTG? (Would I Drink
With This Guy). It may give false positives, but it's a start...