Straight Jackets and Video Cameras

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Wed Jul 29 15:32:33 BST 2009

On the off chance that anyone here is interested, I thought it would be fun to produce a small parody of the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads.  Basically, it would be a series of video shorts along the lines of "I'm Java/I'm Perl", "I'm Ruby/I'm Perl", etc.  All in good fun, of course :)

I don't think my Web cam provides *quite* the video quality I'm looking for :)  I can do the the script writing (example: and the video editing (example:, but if others want to chip in, that would be awesome.

Would anyone be interested in working with me on this project, or perhaps make it a "Sponsored by" thing?  I already have ideas for small sample scripts for a number of languages (one has a Java programmer in a straight jacket bragging about how he's never poked himself in the eye).  Volunteer actors would be welcome, too.

Buy the book         -
Tech blog            -
Twitter              -
Official Perl 6 Wiki -