Straight Jackets and Video Cameras

Chris Jack chris_jack at msn.com
Wed Jul 29 17:06:36 BST 2009

> Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com wrote:

> On the off chance that anyone here is interested, I thought it would be fun to produce a small parody of the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads. Basically, it would be a series of video shorts along the lines of "I'm Java/I'm Perl", "I'm Ruby/I'm Perl", etc. All in good fun, of course :)
>

> I don't think my Web cam provides *quite* the video quality I'm looking for :) I can do the the script writing (example: http://vimeo.com/1424008) and the video editing (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3-ZUagzrjw), but if others want to chip in, that would be awesome.
>
> Would anyone be interested in working with me on this project, or perhaps make it a "Sponsored by London.pm" thing? I already have ideas for small sample scripts for a number of languages (one has a Java programmer in a straight jacket bragging about how he's never poked himself in the eye). Volunteer actors would be welcome, too.

Interestingly, I am planning to go to the Metropolitan Film Schools Weekend intensive/intro weekend in September (www.metfilmschool.co.uk) as part of preparation for a longer term project I am working on so would be quite interested in getting some practice in. Apparently "Red Camera"s are all the buzz in the film schools at the moment, however I'm not about to cough out any money at this stage...

Chris

PS I'm doing a one mile swim at Weymouth on August 9 on behalf of the British Heart Foundation. If anyone fancies sponsoring me, please go to http://original.justgiving.com/chrisjack